1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie cameo appearance

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 19, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

She was Paulie's mother/aunt in the Sopranos, too.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

"Summer Catch," the Cape Cod League movie with Freddie Prinz Jr. as a local pitcher.
    The movie ends with him making his MLB debut for the Phillies and the batter is Ken Griffey Jr.
    I was looking for this clip with I found one from earlier in the movie when the scout is timing him with the JUGS gun. The scout next him is Hank Aaron.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Griffey (along with a ton of other late 90s major leaguers) was also in Little Big League. IIRC, Griffey climbs the wall to catch the final out in the big game at the end, and then talks some shit.

ChrisLong likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Rookie of the Year” had the kid strike out Bonds, Bonilla and Pedro Guerrero. Also had Tim Stoddard as the Dodger pitcher who the kid antagonizes while on base.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And let's not forget Jay Johnstone batting leadoff for the Mariners in The Naked Gun.

6. Baron Scicluna

Joe West is the umpire that tells Drebin he can’t kick an umpire out of the game.

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Hold the phone, we’re talking naked gun cameos and the third mentioned is Reggie Jackson as the assassin? Now, that is a cameo.

Batman likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Cross-threading with obscure trivia: Tim Stoddard was the first of two former MLBers to play in a Final Four and a World Series.

9. Baron Scicluna

Ahem.

All the way back at Page 1.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not to mention all of the announcers. Mel Allen's "How about that!" while Dick Enberg has a horrified look on his face after seeing the center fielder get decapitated never fails to crack me up.

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Well, we don’t have a search function so how can I be expected to scroll that far?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

More than one scene, so a DQ, but Keanu Reeves' bit part in Netflix's RomCom "Always Be My Maybe" was great. The male lead's longtime crush introduces him to the hot new guy she's dating... Keanu. Who is playing Hollywood asshole Keanu.

His entrance scene (where my wife, and 90% of the people watching says "Is that... OMG!) has spawned hundreds of twitter memes. #Keanuwtm (Keanu Walking To Music)

Draft saved Draft deleted