1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hotel Mumbai- well done and reminder of terror

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Captain Marvel just gave you a cold stare.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Captain Marvel can stare all she wants. The movie was just okay.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Spider-Man Far From Home

Great movie. Even better if you have followed Spider Man from your youth.

The real kicker is how great Zendaya is as MJ. She goes from confident to insecure, I don’t want to spoil it, magically. She does it so well that you have to look for it. Holland is great. She is amazing.

They are doing a magnificent job of growing the character of Spider-Man from a teenager to a larger presence.

5. Glad to here that. I am not excited about the new Spiderman in any way. No desire to see it.

The Spy Who Dumped Me. C- Watched it last night with the wife. Never LOL'd. Kate McKinnon is great on SNL. Not much of an actress.

Three Days of Condor ... SMH ... The Reford/Dunaway hookup was ridiculous. D

North Dallas Forty, was pretty good. B-

SemiTough .. still good. Reynolds is great and Jill Clayburgh was a crush. B+

Deadwood, the movie ... solid meh. Disclaimer: I am probably the only person on the planet who did not like either Deadwood, or the Wire. I forced myself through the final season of Deadwood to watch the movie. Sorry, still not a fan. C

I am Not a Serial Killer ... Enjoyed it. It was different. Christopher Lloyd was well-cast. B+

American Psycho. I read the book decades ago and didn't like the book. The movie was even worse and the ending left me completely confused. F

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don't think American Psycho was written to make anyone like it. I bought and read the trade paperback when it came out, along with Seth Morgan's Homeboy and Josephine Hart's Damage, the latter two among my favorite novels.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

"Yesterday."
    First of all, the theater swayed from the 7.1 halfway through the movie. Lots of murmuring, nobody freaked out, nobody started shouting. Two people left. The hundred or so others all stayed.

Very enjoyable movie, lots of fun, lots of laughs.
    An Indian Englishman is a down-and-out singer. He is ready to quit. He is riding his bike home after his last failed concert and there is a global power outage. All the lights go out around the world and are out for 12 seconds. He gets hit by a bus and winds up in the hospital. After he regains health, his friends have a small party for him and his friend/manager gives him a new guitar. He sings "Yesterday" and they think it is the best song they've ever heard. He said of course it is. But they've never heard it before, etc., etc., etc. He goes to Google and there are no references to the Beatles. It's like they didn't exist. So he starts producing Beatles songs. And it goes on from there.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Um, thanks for the IMDB plot rehash?

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I didn't get it from there, honest. I didn't get it from anywhere except watching the movie last night. Maybe I should write their stuff.
    I did go to IMDB to find out who the actor was playing Lennon. I was very surprised.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Midsommar...you can’t “unsee” some parts of it. A little slow, but definitively its own thing. Invests a lot in making up a fictional Swedish cult. Physically it’s impressive - and unsettling.

Most of the evil is done in broad daylight. Including the end.

Florence Pugh is good and here’s something I noticed: She’s not real tall - maybe 5-3 - but that lack of height is a perfect fit for the end. (In ways that I’m not spoiling.)

11. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Logan Lucky for the fourth time. Gets better with each rewatch.

garrow likes this.
  12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The Big Lebowski spin-off will be released in 2020.

John Turturro’s ‘The Jesus Rolls’ Release Date Set For 2020 – Deadline

. The movie — part Big Lebowski spinoff, part remake of Bertrand Blier’s 1974 pic Going Places(this film’s original name) — follows a trio of misfits whose irreverent, sexually charged dynamic evolves into a surprising love story as their spontaneous and flippant attitude towards the past or future backfires time and again, even as they inadvertently perform good deeds. When they make enemies with a gun-toting hairdresser, their journey becomes one of constant escape from the law, from society and from the hairdresser, all while the bonds of their outsider family strengthen/SPOILER]

Draft saved Draft deleted