1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Joe Pavelski expected to leave San Jose for Dallas.

Sharks re-sign Timo Meier to four-year deal.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

… and I read he left money on the table. Florida? I have no clue what Florida's cap situation is, especially since the Panthers got their Bob.

4. Regan MacNeil

Apparently, the money he left on the table was from the Islanders.

Liut likes this.
  5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thanks. Could be. Though I just read a Pierre Lebrun tweet that Columbus offered $12 million per over eight.

6. Regan MacNeil

Oh, yeah. I saw that too. He would have had to accept it by midnight to get the eighth year.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Gotcha. And I may have got my math wrong, too. Or there is a disparity between what Brooks reported and another tweet I saw from Canada (familiar name, I just cannot remember for sure). That was the Rangers paying $81.5 per over seven. It would be interesting to know what the Islanders final pitch was.

EDIT: Well kick me in the ass. It was actually Elliotte.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I gotta tell you, I've never heard of Garnet Hathaway until today. From what I'm reading, I think I'll like him.

9. Regan MacNeil

Speaking of leaving NYI money on the table, Robin Lehner just took a one year deal from the Hawks for the same AAV he had in a two-year offer from the Islanders.

Wouldn't be surprised if Crawford LTIRetired soon.

10. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

Hathaway is a big loss for Calgary. He hustles, bangs, drives the net and was a key part of Flames fourth line which down the stretch was their best trio by far.

Iron_chet, Azyr, Liut and 2 others like this.
  11. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

You would have thought the Flames would have kept him to, you know, be an example for James Neal.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted