1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Scene in Bad Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cyclingwriter2, Jun 9, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Cringe

"Twister" was easily the nadir of Philip Seymour Hoffman's acting career. All he did was whoop and holler.

Chef2 likes this.
  2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I still pince my fingers and say “fewwwwd” just like PSH when I’m trying to get a group to order dinner.

Wenders likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Another thing going that doesn’t make sense: Why do they give such a shit about using that little town in the middle of Nowhere, Colorado as a staging area? There’s no other place?

4. Baron Scicluna

Howard The Duck: The diner scene where the Dark Overlord has taken over the lab guy’s body, then growls a bunch at the waitress, so Howard and Lea Thompson order him some eggs. Later on, chaos ensues, and Lea asks him if he’s going to help Howard, and the Overlord growls, “she took my eggs.”

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

About the only decent DC does in hours of movies.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, there was this piece of method acting:

CD Boogie likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was never really explained, but it could have just been a key crossroads town that made it strategically important. Something like taking that town allowed them to control the railroad and supply line into Denver.
    History is full of tiny, seemingly insignificant towns in the middle of nowhere that suddenly become vitally important when the war rolls through simply because a bunch of roads converge there. Gettysburg and Bastogne, for example.

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

The Tall Guy (1989) is a generally slow and forgettable movie that contains a strange but amazing sex scene between, improbably, Jeff Goldblum and Emma Thompson. It also two hilarious jokes, one of which involves Goldblum playing the lead in a musical version of the Elephant Man.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

I also chuckle during the boxing scene when all the white fans simultaneously sit down when the African-American fighter is introduced. I’d imagine that occurred back then.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

In retrospect, I don't know that it was truly a bad movie. I just expected a lot more out of it given the talent of the cast.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

1. The psych eval scene from Armageddon. Steve Buscemi and Owen Wilson are very funny.
    2. The hall of mirrors sequence in Conan the Destroyer. Great music too.
    3. The opening steadicam shot in Bonfire of the Vanities.
    4. Kristen Stewart and Thor lead a calvary on a beach in slo-mo in Snow White and the Huntsman.
    5. The viking montage of them constructing battlements in The 13th Warrior. Amazing Jerry Goldsmith score.
    6. The Powers Boothe scene mentioned upthread from Red Dawn.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted