1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I just listened to the last episode of season two of slow burn, a Slate podcast that did an 8 episode deep dive into the Clinton lewinsky story. The last one was about Juanita Broderick, and it seems pretty clear that he violently raped her. I had never looked too closely, and was happy that with metoo there was a bit of a reckoning for the lewinsky/jones kind of stuff. This is different. As much as we all laugh at YF when he brings them up, there is a reckoning to be had. One day, history will get the last word, and it won’t be kind. If he’s lucky, he’ll be dead.

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Have you listened to last Saturday’s bonus episode?

Heavyweight and Terrible, Thanks for Asking are two of my favorites.

For those who, like me, have been sucked into too many true crime podcasts, The Onion’s A Very Fatal Murder was pretty funny.

3. The Daily
    Political Gabfest
    Dirty John
    Dr. Death
    The Lowe Post
    Around the NFL
    Solid Verbal
    Effectively Wild

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm way behind. Just listened to the last two episodes of "Serial" which was heart breaking.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I’m listening to Slow Burn now, and I’m on the last episode. Good series, thanks for the tip.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Have any of the true crime aficionados listened to "Bear Brook"? Highly recommended.

Episodes — Bear Brook

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Opening Arguments -- Analyzing the news from a legal angle, deep dives, and copious amounts of Futurama and Simpsons quotes. Plus, play along with the co-host who is not a lawyer as he answers actual bar exam prep questions.
    Yo! Is This Racist? -- Solving racism, one voice mail at a time.
    Embrace The Void -- A philosophy podcast dedicated to helping people navigate the darkest of timelines.
    Philosophers In Space -- Tackling philosophical ideas through the medium of classic sci-fi.
    Faculty of Horror -- Academic deep dives into horror movies, new and old.
    Bad With Money With Gaby Dunn -- The show that knows there's nothing practical about money and isn't afraid to freak out about it.

If audio fiction is your thing, I highly recommend The Drabblecast (strange stories by strange authors for strange listeners... such as yourself), Welcome to Night Vale (start from Episode 1!), the HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast (they do all manner of weird fiction now, having long ago exhausted HPL's body of work), and Escape Artists' family of podcasts (Pseudopod for horror, Escape Pod for sci-fi, Podcastle for fantasy).

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Anyone else listening to Michael Lewis' new podcast "Against the Rules"? Interesting stories themed around 'fairness' in various settings. Highly recommended.

sgreenwell and Webster like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Really good and interesting.

Two new ones that I like — One Plus One (about partnerships like Lennon-McCartney and Shaq-Kobe) and Gangster Capitalism (first season about Operation Varsity Blues).

HC likes this.
  10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed @typefitter on 2 Writers Slinging Yang. I really like that podcast. Fires up my writing juices.

I also highly recommended 13 Minutes to the Moon from the BBC about Apollo 11. I’m 3 episodes in and it’s extremely well done, great interviews, well produced. I’m deep in an Apollo dive right now, books, TV and podcast.

Liut likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've gotten really tired of the Barstool podcasts - the hosts just aren't as funny as they think they are and they all could be tighter and have a plan. In most cases, I can get the same quality of banter in the bleachers or on a subway. Don't waste my time.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No outing.

Pilot likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted