1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, they probably wanted to wait a while after Ledger's memorable portrayal of the Joker to present an alternate take on the character.
    Oh, riiiigghhhhtttt ...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I also enjoyed Watchmen. It wasn't great, but it was good.

The Boys could be a reaction to Watchmen, though I'm more concerned with the execution than anything else. I'll give both a shot.

3. outofplace

I don't really see Reeves as Kang, either. I thought maybe Graviton, but they already had him on Agents of SHIELD. Perhaps he could be Grim Reaper with Nathan Fillion showing up as Wonder Man. There was already a deleted scene in Guardians Vol. 2 that included movie posters of Fillion as Simon Williams.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I like the Grim Reaper/Wonder Man idea. I'd love to see Fillion finally show up in that actual role instead of just on a poster.

5. outofplace

So would I. Fillion seems like such a natural fit for the MCU and I think he'd be a great Simon Williams. With the stones at least temporarily out of play, why not go with Ionic energy as the new MacGuffin for at least one movie?

JRoyal likes this.
  6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had a baby today and named him Logan Theodore. I don't know if it's a sly reference to Ted Theodore Logan, or if it's just a family name or something. If it's intentional, it's outstanding.

JRoyal and Batman like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If they have a second kid and name him Preston William, you'll know for sure.

Neutral Corner, JRoyal and bigpern23 like this.
  8. bigpern23

I resisted the urge to post a Keanu Reeves GIF on her FB feed, but I really wanted to.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A "69, Dudes!" reference also would have been inappropriate.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My wife had this pearl of wisdom after seeing the ad for Endgame returning for one last run.

"I loved Endgame! I really did. It was so good. But you really can't understand it without Infinity War. It's really like the continuation of the same story."

There was nothing left of my tongue

Neutral Corner and spikechiquet like this.
  11. bigpern23

This is pretty fun.

spikechiquet likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Related: Everything is air-droppable at least once; if it will blow a hole in the ground, it’s useful as an entrenching tool; if the manufacturer’s warranty covers the damage you did, then you didn’t do enough damage; “They’ll never expect this” means “I want to try something stupid;” if it’s stupid but it works, it’s still stupid and you got lucky; and while the world is richer when you turn enemies into friends, that’s not the same as you being richer.

If there’s one lesson I want y’all to take away from this, it’s this: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted