1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avengers: Endgame (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Apr 26, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

All the bicurious Super Heroes assemble.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Spiderman focus will have the same problem as the original three movies. The lead actor ages out of the role. Therefore, either the scripts have to show Peter Parker becoming a young adult and going into his late 20s, or it's back to the shop for a new teen actor.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

But with an actor Holland's age (23), they can go 15-20 years and show an adult Spider-Man and still have him in the role. They've shown grown-up Spidey in the comics, so why not in the MCU? They wanted a teen for the first movies, but that doesn't mean they want someone that age forever in the part.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At times they have been fine with Peter Parker actually being an adult and at other times, they've fucked things up because they didn't want him to be too much of an adult. The deal with Mephisto/undoing of his marriage was a shitty piece of storytelling and a little insulting to fans who paid to read the stories of his married life. Retcons are going to happen because the passage of time is by nature a bit fuzzy in comics, but to just say many of those stories didn't happen without even making clear which ones changed was annoying and it was all done because the EIC at the time thought being married took them too far from the essence of the character. I'm assuming that was part of the reasoning for having him run his company into the ground and have his career in the media destroyed. It's as if they are afraid to ever let him get his shit together. The undoing of the marriage also led to another crappy bit of storytelling, with Peter and MJ getting back together. They wanted to give him something to cling to as his life fell apart, but her taking him back came out of nowhere.

They've got some time before Peter has to grow up in the movies, but hopefully they will actually let it happen.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

In 10 years you have an adult Spider Man joining the Fantastic Four.

I really don’t see that as too much if s stretch.

6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

If they added that, I'd be there for sure.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. outofplace

7-Year-Old Avengers: Endgame Star Asks Fans to Stop Bullying Her & Her Family

People are shit, example number I've-lost-count. Apparently, people have been posting rude comments online and making them in person to Lexi Rabe, the seven-year-old who portrayed Tony Stark's daughter in Endgame. Some of it is idiots whining about her role being a whitewashing of the Ironheart character from the comics. I'd also like to see Riri Williams in the MCU, but damn, that's both stupid and low. She's a different character and even if you don't want to see it that way, she's just an actress who played a role and she's SEVEN.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Stay for the credits of The latest Spidey offering.

10. outofplace

I've heard, but thank you. It is always good to have confirmation going in that there is an end-credits scene.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I had to bolt after the mid-credit scene to get my kid from daycare. I had to read what happened after.

I do have a spoiler-packed question ...

So since Mysterio is lying about where he came from ... does that mean the multi-verse isn't real and was just a red herring?

12. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I saw Spider-Man last night. I'm a casual MCU film-goer... still haven't seen half of them and didn't see their first Spider-Man until a few weeks when I stumbled on it on Starz.

They've done a really good job with both of those. Cast is great, Holland is great, and as @Scout went into more detail on in the Movie thread, Zendaya is great. Not a down moment in either film plot-wise, either.

Loved the changed to "dailybugle.net" and making that editor an Alex-Jones like personality. Also loved seeing J.K. Simmons back as that character.

Draft saved Draft deleted