1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Avengers: Endgame (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Apr 26, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wish Marvel hadn't done these so quietly. There was a series of shorts involving relatively minor characters. This offers bookends to the post-credit scene at the end of The Incredible Hulk.

John B. Foster likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone think the marketers were having a laugh when they named part I "Infinity War" and part II "Endgame?" Which is it?

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It is staggering that in 2006 or whenever they penned this out, they knew Tony was going to do what he did.

I can almost see the writers meeting and someone asks, "What's the endgame to all of this?"

And the writers' reply, "Tony Stark snaps the gauntlet, saves the world, dies in the process."

Everything is based on that endgame statement.

Damn, that's awesome.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At the time, they were probably driving on a parkway and parking on a driveway.

6. outofplace

Not their best work, but Endgame got a HISHE.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

OK, it looks like Far From Home is going to be great. I am also getting some feedback that there is some major shit at the end of this.

My complete spitballs...

Kamala Kahn is on the trip with a separate group.

Spiderman and Captain Marvel will be the focus of the next 10 years.

In 2029, the next decade will feature the Fantastic Four. It only makes sense to hold them back. Spidey and Danvers have enough juice to keep pushing this franchise forward.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Deleted scenes include:
    Tony Stark flashing back to how much fun he had as a bachelor.
    Thanos flashing back to an unhappy childhood and not having any friends.
    Hawkeye reminding everyone why he's there.
    Hulk's full frontal shower scene.
    Captain America knitting a shawl.
    Black Widow making a grilled cheese sandwich with Happy.

10. outofplace

Kamala Khan would make sense and she's too popular not to show up soon, but I'm wondering if they save her for the Captain Marvel sequel.

Riri Williams isn't as well known, but she might be a better fit, especially with all the talk of the next Iron Man.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm sure nine of the extra 11 minutes is an interpretive dance and musical number during the final battle.

Pilot likes this.
  12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Khan's big moment is in the Captain Marvel sequel, but I could see them dropping her into Far From Home without revealing her, or just mentioning her name to establish that she exists. Like taking role, teacher says "Khan." and a girl answers, "Here."

Draft saved Draft deleted