1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keto

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Sep 26, 2018.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

171.1 this morning, and 6.1 away from goal weight.

I grilled prime sirloin last night, and Mrs. Swing made spiral zucchini and orange peppers in a cream sauce. Yeah, we don't feel deprived at all on this plan, but I could stand to talk about it less. Mrs. Swing is on a keto message board, so it kind of takes over our conversations at times. It's a small price to pay for losing 33-plus pounds so far.

Jameson? No carbs.

Weed? Probably no carbs. I'll chance it anyway.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but for me weed leads to Doritos. LOTS of Doritos. At least it used to when I actually maybe once in a blue moon did that.

A Keto message board? Do tell. Like I need another message board in my life.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I had some high blood pressure so I was told cut sodium. Hard because I love chips and fried foods. To get in better shape went sorta Keto by cutting carbs and going basically greens and protein. Have cut 16 lbs in two months (I was 164) and feel great.

4. swingline

Moddy, I'll get that link from her. I never read anything there because I'm sure my wife will tell me all about it. At some length.

Weed doesn't make me eat, it makes me want more Jameson — which is probably a problem in its own right.

170.8. I pooped.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I was wondering about that.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Alcohol is high in calories. Much more per gram than carbs. In the end, a calorie is a calorie. Somebody posted a good link about this. Diets, low carbs, fasting, whatever, are in the end just a way to get you to restrict calories.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

This is a commonly held belief, but based on my experience and reading, this is wrong.

9. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  10. swingline

Full stop. I reached my goal weight, 165. That’s a shade less than 40 pounds since just before New Years.

Now it’s time to rebuild the muscle mass I need to look good (relatively speaking).

Pilot, JackReacher, JC and 1 other person like this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

234. Headed to below 200.

Anyone else have any suggestions for Keto snacks at Trader Joe’s or elsewhere?

@TigerVols ?

I've been seeing a few interesting items advertised through FB that look interesting, but the price per bag (1 serving) is very steep. Like higher than vending machine prices.

Any help greatly appreciated.

VB

(And wow, this thread went dormant for damn near two years. I hope everyone is doing well.)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted