1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI is down to just 38 issues this year

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 16, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And it has nothing to do with needing to keep a newstand-fresh cover on the stands. Will the Raptors or Blues or even Woodland get a cover? Isn't the next issue the Where Are They Now issue? Used to be an SI cover was iconic. Pretty safe to assume MJ and Ali's cover leads are theirs forever.

wicked likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Maybe they were trying to jinx him.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. DanOregon

Checked my label and my subscription is through next April. 50/50 if it gets there? I'm almost more concerned of what it looks like if it does.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Iconic" covers went by the wayside when they started doing a dozen regional covers a year.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Mine is next December. Good luck to me

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

A few years ago, while it was still every week, I accidentally reupped twice. I never paid more than $30 a year so it wasn't a big deal and I've always liked getting it (and for the most part still do) so I was just like, I'll leave it, no big deal. Not long after that they started cutting issues and gave credit for what was paid -- that subscription was for 50 weeks or whatever it used to be and they gave credit for the weeks. So mine goes through freaking June 21 because of that mistake and all the cutbacks! To add, I had gotten it through Magazines.com who knows when and it was on automatic renewal and they charged me for it this year. I contacted them and said, I have it forever right now and they might not even make it that long! Easy refund there.

8. DanOregon

My wish list for the upcoming Where Are They Now issue: Rod Tidwell, Henry Steele, Henry Rowengartner, Willie Beamen and Jesus Shuttlesworth.

9. DanOregon

As sad as the print product is - it seems like they've abandoned the digital edition - they just stock the Vault now.

Draft saved Draft deleted