1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I would always believe the initial police report.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4C162329-117F-4ED2-B094-2DD8D30A4906.jpeg
    Remember when LeBron needed to be rushed into the locker room for an IV of Midol

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And there it is.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Another absurd statement. It assumes an evil conspiracy is afoot. It assumes teams will spend boatloads of cash for the purpose of excluding certain people from coaching jobs. It also assumes that black people are the inevitable losers in a system based on education and intellect. This is the most pernicious of all.
    While it is true that graduate business degrees in analytics are skewed toward rich white guys, Rose’s main gripe is that this system prevents black ex players from becoming head coaches. Absurd. That segment of the populace has the means to learn what needs to be learned.
    As to the merits of analytics, take one look at the Warriors. They were bad under Mark Jackson. With many of the same players, they thrived under Steve Kerr, who paid attention to a very basic finding of the data-driven staff: The team didn’t pass very often under Jackson. Changes were made.

7. tapintoamerica

I have long considered the court side seating deal to be a disaster in waiting for the NBA. Terrible idea.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

Would that be the most awkward year ever?

9. tapintoamerica

Are you referring to the same fan base that was devastated when a 14% chance to get Zion failed to materialize?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I mentioned it uptopic, but I fear for another Seles incident.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There has been courtside seating in the NBA forever. Always only for top dollar. If rich people are bigger assholes today than they were in 1962 (which I personally doubt), that's the issue, not the seats.

JC, sgreenwell and Tweener like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

When my dad took me to my first games in the late 60s and early 70s, though, spectators were on the opposite side of the benches. Along with the stat folks and game personnel, they'd have reporters and TV/radio teams courtside too.

Draft saved Draft deleted