1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hank Haney suspended from Sirius XM radio show

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, May 31, 2019.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

There is an interesting story for somebody to write about number of Asian and Asian-American women who are at the top of the LPGA compared to the number of Asian and Asian-American men at the top of the PGA.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Do you really mean that?

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Well, an Asian-American man just won his 15th major, and it was his 81st PGA Tour victory, so we could start there.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Yes, because one guy makes the whole story change.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thought he was Cablanasian?

7. Double Down

Go ahead and make the point you’d like to make then. I’ll wait.

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

I have no clue what your point is. Was Tom Brady abusive to women when he cheated on his pregnant baby's mama? Was Bill Belichick abusive to women when he had sex with a married waitress receptionist and was sued by the husband?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

In the context of what @justgladtobehere posed, I don't think that's the same as Se Ri Pak inspiring a generation of Koreans that we're now seeing dominate the LPGA.

10. Double Down

Might want to check out the amateur ranks a little closer.

We'll skip past Si Woo Kim and Hao Tong Li, who have already won on big tours.

The Next Wave Of Talented Players On The PGA Tour Is Coming From Asia

Brandon Wu just led Stanford to a National Championship and is playing in the US Open this week.

Norman Xiong was the best golfer in the country while at Oregon two years ago.

The next Tiger Woods? Give Norman Xiong some time

Doug Ghim was the No. 1-ranked Amateur in the world last year, and was the low Am at last year's Masters.

Colin Morikawa was the College Golfer of the Year this year and just turned pro. Also playing in the US Open this week.

U.S. Open: Collin Morikawa feels at home among pros at Pebble Beach

There is a big wave of amateur men of Asian heritage coming.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm aware. The theoretical posed was about dominance on the Tours right now. We'll know the tables have been turned when some loudmouth makes a crack about the men's U.S. Open contenders all being a Wu or a Kim or a Li.

12. Double Down

I keep waiting to hear what the "very interesting" story would be about in the theoretical post. That South Korean women are good at golf and South Korean men aren't as good? Please pitch that story to me in a way that is "very interesting."

Draft saved Draft deleted