1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't even care if its 'one clown'. Teams tell their fans - WE WANT YOU THERE EARLY AND WE WANT YOU LOUD. The ABC announcing team remarked early in the series that the Toronto crowd was late arriving after halftime, and the lack of energy made a difference in GS going on runs.
    So now you want all this nuance?
    For fuck's sake. Build a bridge and get over it. Durant has bigger issues than the dude waving bye bye and the opposing crowd cheering.

Jesus.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

One guy?

You must be Trump’s crowd size estimator.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Apparently heckling Durant was not enough for some Raptors "fans."

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, please. As someone raised as a Philadelphia fan, all this is pretty weak tea.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Many people need to learn how to be a fan from Charles Barkley.

6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

There was a lot of this last night and it was teetering on overkill. It sucks if Durant is seriously hurt. I hope no one wants that. But the dude has played for 12 years, made hundreds of millions of dollars and has had one of the greatest careers in pro basketball. Maybe I'm cold, but I just don't think KD getting more hurt after opting to play while hurt is the grave travesty the Twitterverse has made it out to be.

Batman likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just so I'm clear - the narrative has gone from KD had "given up" on the Warriors to now the Warriors were reckless in letting him play. My head is spinning. I get it - particularly with the NY honks who had already bought their Knicks Durant jerseys but I sometimes wonder if these clowns listen to their own shows.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Nope, not really the narrative either way.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That's what I've been hearing on sports radio - granted it's only sports radio where there needs to be a designated "bad guy" at all times.

11. HanSenSE

Since there's no offseason thread I know of yet ...

12. HanSenSE

Draft saved Draft deleted