1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 119th US Open Walking Championship Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 30, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I wish upon everything that they would have put Tiger and Day together. (Stevie coming back to caddy for Day.)
    No way in the world the suits from Far Hills would have.....

EDIT: Now that I look at it, they're not even on the same side of the draw.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Much appreciated. We're only hitting the last two rounds (my nephew graduates high school on Thursday night). Glad we'll have some sunshine over the four days unlike 2010 when it was all June Gloom.

I really like Tiger's chances, especially since he played between majors this time unlike nothing between Augusta and the PGA.

Spieth has been on the rise since the PGA (T3, T8, T7), but hasn't been able to put all four rounds together. Is this the week to snap the drought?

3. MileHigh

Also, this will be a prime-time-in-the-East Open as has become customary when they're on the West Coast. But unlike the Masters, there is huge amounts of coverage.

Thursday and Friday (PDT times): 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on FS1 and 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Fox.
    Saturday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Fox
    Sunday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Fox

And also, this is the second year the playoff would be two holes instead of 18.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Gonna be in vegas starting mid day on Thursday. In other words, miss the tee off.

Think there will still be betting opportunities?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Shocking.

7. MileHigh

Wow, that's pretty tight.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

USGA getting sneakier and sneakier with their pairings.
    They normally have a long-driving pairing.......get cute with at least 2 of the 3 names (this year, it's Luke List, Lucas Bjerregard and someone else).......
    You have to be a nerd (SHUT UP ASSHOLES) to catch this one.
    The GIANT pairing of Thomas Pieters, Stewart Hagestad and Chesson Hadley.

Pieters- 6'5
    Hagestad- 6'5
    Hadley- 6'4

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Do they still do the pairing of three notorious assholes?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, I got on the radio the other day and picked Tony Finau to win this thing, so I may as well stick with it.

Alma likes this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Branden Grace is with Luke and Lucas -- alas, Luke Guthrie could have been put there.

Good catch on the Giant pairing, but I think the USGA has largely gone pedestrian with the groupings. Which is too bad. Wonder if that comes from a few years back when they put XL-sized Shane Lowry, Brendon de Jonge and Baby Walrus together and, IIRC, Lowry and Stadler loudly disapproved.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Summer weather pattern (morning fog, clearing later) resumed today.

Draft saved Draft deleted