1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I get that completely. And hope MM does a slow, agonizing death, and has an insurance company deny him coverage for some experimental drug. But things have to change if we're ever gonna get the country on the right track. We can't afford to wait another 30 years for old the old white republicans to die.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The GOP knows the Dems want "bipartisanship" so much that they'll bend over backwards. I'd just like to see the Dems have the fight, go on offense every now and then. They always seem to to negotiate against themselves. How DACA hasn't been resolved already is beyond me.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

DNA evidence, bitch.

I heard a report on this yesterday, and it included this statement from a reporter who covered the Central Park Five trial. This is not the exact quote, but it does give the spirit of it.

"The evidence was right there in front of us at the trial, and we didn't see it. The crime scene pictures clearly show the footprints and drag marks where the victim was dragged from the site of the assault to the area where the rape occurred. It was perhaps eighteen inches wide. There is no way in hell that five people left that trail behind."

Edit - Found it. Near the end of this segment.

Journalist Jim Dwyer Reflects On The Central Park Five

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yet all the Trumpers still insist that it's possible that they did assault her even if they didn't rape her or they assaulted other people that night. It's impossible. One person pointed out that the judge who had them released said they could be tried again.
    Also impossible. Double jeopardy.

9. Neutral Corner

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

no one tell him what it closed at

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Most of it is Elaine Chao's money. More than a few DC legislators have married spouses from wealthy families - often quite a bit wealthier than the legislators.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.