1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

As you like to say - it was ever thus.

I choose not to see the country as “fucked.” Venezuela is fucked. The United States? Not quite.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Obviously, you pay what you promised to. But I also wonder about the accounting. 1) It isn't like FDNY and NYPD doesn't have insurers. 2) How many people fall into the "class?" And even 18 years later are people still being added to it? Has there been any fraud reported on this? Just seems odd that this is still a thing. I'm guessing its like Vietnam and Agent Orange now.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The illnesses materialize on their own time clock, and then are traced back to having worked at Ground zero.

The claims are set to run to 2090, so, in theory, some 89-year-Old in 2078 can make a claim 77 years after being around ground zero though I’m sure it’d have to be an illness linked to the experience.

Read a story that 90,000 folks could be affected. So people all over the country at this point. Anybody who worked down there I’d guess.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I don't watch Fox, but this would be appropriate:

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize they're cops and firefighters - but I still would have thought there would have been some health protocols in place before people were allowed near. At least once it became clear it was a recovery mission.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Incredibly unfit.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Are these funds just for first responders, or do others who were caught there also have a claim of some sort?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Bipartisanship is a fine thing and necessary to a democracy. It's just that active Democrats remember McConnell cockblocking every Obama move that he possibly could, then outright stealing a Supreme Court seat that was properly Obama's to give. They remember the last Congress, which spent their time trying to roll back Obamacare while putting people who actively oppose the mission of various federal departments in charge of them in order to neuter them. The Dems in a general sense are not feeling any bipartisan love from the R's and see no reason not to turn things around on them. They feel that they owe a lot of payback while they attempt to fix the damage Trump and McConnell have caused. As long as those two remain in their positions I think that bipartisanship will be thin on the ground from either side.

OscarMadison, matt_garth and Slacker like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

The R's seem to hear Big Ag a whole lot better than the family farmers. I think that large donations affect their hearing.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The empty vessel FATUS can only identify with a murderous dictator with similar, abnormal isolated upbringing. The monsters walk among us.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.