1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I texted my buddy in the first quarter last night:
    Shoes off and ice on. Not a good sign.

2. poindexter

"He'll be fine!"
    - Kobe Bryant

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There’s no way anyone told Durant to play if he didn’t want to. Ownership and management have the same ability to sway him as Stephen A Smith or Mike Francesa. Durant has spent the last few years showing everyone that he does what he wants. The only one he should look at is his doctor. I hope that he at least got a second opinion if the team doctor said he was ready to play.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Ignoring any questions of Myers’ sincerity, what could you sue for? I’d assume KD has some doctors away from the team he works with. If it’s not the staff covering something up, there’s not much ground for “making a player feel guilty about not playing,” especially when he’d likely say he felt, to a degree, guilty for not playing.

Tweener and sgreenwell like this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

KD doesn't have a leg to stand on here...

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He'd also have to prove damages of some sort. Unless it comes out that his leg needs to be amputated, well, he can either sign a long-term deal for the max in the summer - I'm positive the Knicks and a bunch of other teams will offer it, even if the first year is just going to be rehab - or take the player option he has on the table and get a max in the summer of 2020. And even if this is a career-ending injury, I imagine he has some sort of insurance policy that would provide a massive payout.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

KD turns 31 in September.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Did you guys forget that Wes Matthews blew his Achilles and Dallas still paid him a max deal? Now we're talking KD, not Matthews, and I have little doubt that most teams would pay him the max, even the Ws.

He has lost some health, but no major damages. Now if this was the 70's and no one recovered from the achilles and his career was over, maybe.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. poindexter

That's because the Dallas Mavericks are very stupid.

10. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

He wants to play for the Knicks, so that would come into play as well.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. poindexter

The US women scoring their 13th goal in stoppage time against an overmatched Thailand team is a lot less classy than CanuckBro waving bye bye to Durant when he went down.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Please, once again the failure of the American people shows its ugly head; the normalization of bad behavior continues.

Whoever it was, it is NOT ACCEPTABLE to cheer for the injury of someone else. That is simply wrong and we, collectively need to reinforce that message, to others in our community, to our kids, to those outside our community.

Shrugging it off as "well just one clown", is what leads to the normalization of such behavior.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted