1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That might be the worst sports trash talk I’ve ever heard.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is 3 pitches 3 outs immaculate or 9 pitches for 3Ks?

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

It's the all-or-nothing era, of course.

I still think that overall number is surprisingly low. I'd never even heard of the term immaculate inning until the Red Sox broadcasters mentioned it last night about Sale. To me it seemed like such a common occurrence that it didn't even have a name. Alas...

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The Giants fans don't have anything else this year. The team such. Fucking Muncy sent that ball into Alameda County. Bumgarner is getting traded (probably). Dude mistaking the bay for the ocean ... yeah it's pretty weak.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Back in the '80s when the Indians still played in Municipal Stadium, there was a Sox game there rendered nearly unplayable and finally stopped by fog, and Boston pitcher Oil Can Boyd noted, "that's what happens when you put a ballpark this close to the ocean." Compared to that, Muncy was a piker.

Chef2, maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Isn't every rule in the unwritten rules aimed at protecting the pitcher's feelings with the exception of throwing at the head? Coincidently, the reason anyone even pays attention to those unwrittenrules is BECAUSE the pitcher can throw at their head.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  9. CD Boogie

Angel Hernandez is infecting the rest of his crew. The first base ump threw Benintendi out of the game for muttering something about the balls and strikes calls made by Hernandez after Benintendi grounded out. The second base ump just changed his call on another play at second for no good reason. It’s the 6th inning of a 9-3 Texas lead and both managers have already gotten run because this crew is godawful.

The Angel of Death is behind the dish.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I admired MadBum for his contributions to 3 WS titles and the playoff run in 2016 BUT this sheriff stuff is so wrong. Who made him the keeper of the game? Was it some secret handshake from LaRussa that passed the torch? Stupid. Don't want dude watching it, don't throw him meat. Easy solution. Even as a Giants fan I eventually was on Puig's side.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Feel like you had a 10.0 routine going until you ate it on the dismount. Puig was and will be a tool. As right as you are about Bumgarner, there are a select few I'd side with Puig over. For context, Rocker is on that list.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The "best" of those 4 is Wendelstedt, who was at 3rd tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted