1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The GOP would be against the electoral college if it worked against them. Trump was against the electoral college until he was for it. The GOP is against anything that keeps them from doing what they want as much as any other party at any other time in American history. If they were faithful to a strict construction of the Constitution, they would be against any federal restrictions on abortion. They would have eliminated at least 1/3 of the cabinet departments. IS NASA Constitutional use of federal tax money? IS the CDC? THe GOP has a 60 year history of claiming that the General Welfare Clause is a non binding semantic flourish not intended to be a grant of power.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Or the people who claim to see past those happenings, but proceed to conduct their own personal lives in a way that suggests they're really just being patronizing and virtue-signaling?

3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I don't know which Dem I like the best. I wanted Biden to run four years ago. Now he seems too old. However, I'm starting to think he might be the right guy because whoever beats Trump (if anyone does), that person is going to spend four years cleaning up his mess — international issues, environmental issues, borders, tariffs, etc. Biden could spend his term getting things back to normal and — if the economy's strong — pass the torch on to one of the up-and-comers. I probably could have said the same thing in 2008, but this is so much different.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Example?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They number the grains of sand on the beach.

But I don't think you have to look much further than how wealthy conservatives and liberals have long regarded illegal immigration in America and refugee movement to America. A good 30 years they had to examine it. Didn't wanna. Served them not to; hell, they benefited from the cheap, unlawful labor and the resulting cheaper goods prices. Never mind how it shapes communities or more to the point, school districts tasked with trying to educate kids who don't know the language, or the culture, or, in some cases, basic things about some subjects. Or how it allows the countries of origin to further descend into corruption and brutality. Then along comes the devil talking about building a wall, and people vote for the guy, and everybody wonders what the hell happened. They know what happened.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

From your mouth to God's ears.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Normal is what lead to the mess we are in. Normal = all the power and all the money to the top 1 percent.

I'll pass on normal. Give me a progressive bomb thrower who won't bring things "back to normal."

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Those people being the children and grandchildren and great grandchildren of immigrants from Germany and Wales and Lithuania, Ireland and Sweden and Italy, Norway and Russia and Ukraine. About whom exactly the same fears and criticisms were raised. They take our jobs. They don't speak English.

Ignorance and fear of immigrants was ever thus. Back to the founding.

Our greatness is built on letting people in, not keeping them out.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That’s Bernie.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just because you walk out the door and see sunshine doesn't mean it's sunny for everyone everywhere.

And just because it has always been hard to be a farmer doesn't mean Trump hasn't made it worse.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just part of today's episode of Trump Unscripted with the media. Sounds a little McCarthyish, no?

12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Captain queeg

bumpy mcgee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.