1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think while a lot of people really like Biden - especially those in the Beltway - not sure enough people like him enough to knock doors for him, or vote in a primary for him. Those are the most active of the Dem voters. When Biden starts touting the endorsements of John Huntsman and Colin Powell, we'll know he's in trouble.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thank you. All help and prayers are humbly and gratefully appreciated.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure it’ll backfire ... yet. But there’s a helluva long way to go. Can’t happen too much more.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What is it with people being unable to see past the happenings of their own front doors?

lakefront likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this to,

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

but also

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Problem is...who they knocking on doors for? I'm convinced - maybe I'm wrong - Sanders has a ceiling that can neither win a general nor a primary horse race this time round, but there 15-20 percent of primary voters who will stick hard by him.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes. Sad. Has been for a long time - 30 years, I'd say. 35. The decline of rural America, family farms, the whole lot.

Democrats could recapture some of these voters, I'd think. Alas, the keystone issue of progressives, abortion, is a major obstacle.

Of course, removing the electoral college - the stated goal of one party - may render all farmers' voices moot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.