1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boston Globe Strengthens Rhode Island Coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LanceyHoward, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Damn, if newspapers truly want to succeed what you do is fly one of the suits to Boston to talk to Globe suits and COPY THEM. 100,000 subscribers digitally??? That means it can be done, suits.

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Which chain do you believe owns the Boston Globe?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Herald is not winning against the Globe. When I worked there, if you took a map of the MBTA system and superimposed the two papers' circulations, Herald was on top inside the circle (hardly round, but work with me) of the subway lines and the Globe murdered us wherever home delivery was king. Now that looking at phones has replaced print tabloids as subway reading, the Herald is barely hanging on. Sports is still a fair fight, but the rest of the paper is almost nonexistent in any form.

Fran Curci, wicked and crimsonace like this.
  4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Knowing two of the three people the Globe has hired for R.I. (and a fan of the third's work), it's in good hands.

Draft saved Draft deleted