1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Muncy: "If you don't want me to watch the ball, you can get it out of the ocean."

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

First, it's not a bat flip. Second, if you watch the video, Bum isn't even watching when Muncy drops the bat, so how can he even know what Muncy did? Bum is starting to act like an asshat.

qtlaw likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He started the game in a pissy mood after not getting a call on the leadoff hitter. So there's that.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Starting? He made Puig look like the good guy a couple of times when they got into it. Apparently one of the unwritten rules is that you're not allowed to hit a home run off him.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The whole Giants team should have met Muncy at home plate and carried him off on their shoulders.

Chef2 likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Angel Hernandez should be shot out of a cannon aimed at a toxic waste site. It’s a crime that he’s still got a job as an umpire. Arguably just cost the Red Sox a run.

On another topic: chris sale has the last two immaculate innings, ie, 9 pitches to get 3 strikeouts. I can’t believe there have only been 90 of these in baseball history. Seems like it’d be way more common than no-hitters, of which there have been 300 total and 257 in the modern era.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

He's been getting roasted for that comment up here. Ocean is the other way. You hit it in the Bay big guy.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Meh. I'd rather him yelling than drilling the dude. At least it makes things interesting when the best team in the league plays the doormat rival.

To Muncy's credit, he just keep running. Puig would have thrown hands. God I'm glad that POS doesn't play the Giants 20 times a season any more.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

McCovey Cove is to the ocean as the moon is to Mars [/crossthread]

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

IIRC, it was the first pitch of the game.
    Set the tone nicely.
    If I'm Will Little (HP umpire), I dump him after 1 pitch.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

There are going to be many many people deliriously happy when he finally decides to retire.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The second wild card position in the American League is occupied by ... the Texas Rangers.

Draft saved Draft deleted