1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So both sides get a flukey goal but Boston has just been better putting pressure on the defense. St. Louis has been better on the road so Gm 7 should be fun

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This feels rigged.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thought Boston was overwhelmingly the more physical team last night. St. Louis has seemingly always had an answer to that in the next game, so we'll see what happens.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

A St. Louis tradition since 1985. Pissing off a trophy by losing games 6 and 7.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Conn Smythe: 1 Tukka 2 Tukka 3 Tukka

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My heart goes out to anyone who bet under 5 goals last night. A 1-0 game going into the third period and ends 5-1. Ouch.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

If the Bruins win it’s obviously Rask. But if St. Louis wins, even though Rask is possible I hope the voters give it to O’Reilly. Binnington would be a cool story but I’d vote for O’Reilly.

Liut and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Binnington has had a couple of clunkers in the finals, so I don't think it would be him. For St. Louis, I'd say absent Tarasenko scoring 4 goals or something in Game 7, it would have to be O'Reilly. Tarasenko was basically invisible last night - I know his wife gave birth on Friday, so maybe he has hit the wall with the emotion of everything going on.

I'm just hoping for OT on Wednesday. Nothing compares to that, IMO, with the massive swings in momentum with every shift and every time the puck enters the zone.

Liut likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Portnoy.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yesterday was insanity and an example of current journalism at its worst. Pierre LeBrun reported this in The Athletic. Throughout the day, at least a dozen "news organizations" also reported this using LeBrun as the source. By mid-afternoon, Eric Stephens, also in The Athletic, added a text-quote from Ryan Getzlaf, verifying LeBrun's report.
    LeBrun and Stephens were the only ones who did any original reporting, yet a dozen or more news organizations reported this.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted