1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It's a great show, and I hope NBC can keep it going for a couple more seasons.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure Felicity Huffman really wanted her return to the screen to be the lead detective of the Central Park 5 to help rehabilitate her public image. But she is good in the role.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Who wants to break the news to him?

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Finished Chernobyl. What a powerful piece of work.

Next up is the Central Park 5 series. Probably gonna need a palate cleanser in between that and Chernobyl.

Sad to see Good Place going away, as I just discovered it in the last year. But also something to be said for knowing storyline limits.

It’s harder to leave them wanting more than it is to stretch something out.

5. Severian

Just read about the final season last night :(

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Vida anyone?

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Call me not surprised that Bobby Axelrod and Wendy Rhoades end the season of "Billions" on the verge of a hookup.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. Severian

Spoiler tags, my dude.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Netflix continuation of Designated Survivor is better - adding Anthony Edwards will do that for you - but even more interesting is that they intercut interviews with real people about what matters to them in every episode - it's quite effective, probably because the doc producers were asking about issues and not asking people to be on a tv show.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Been binging Barry β€” what an interesting show. While season 2 is super good (we are 4 episodes in) I would have ended after the near perfect season 1 finale.

Severian likes this.
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yes. Those interviews were a really nice touch. Very clever to do it that way,
    I had read it was not being renewed early this spring-should have doubled checked the dates on that google search-so I was pleasantly surprised when it popped up on Netflix. I realized when the f word started flying that it must be a Netflix production. Loved a lot of the timely topics. Also, sad to lose that character. I think they also said that the campaign head was a member of an agnostic group. I don't think I have heard that on a show before.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The season 2 finale is on par with it. It's really a tremendous show. And I love the reviews that describe NoHo Hank as the sunniest of Chechen mobsters.

Draft saved Draft deleted