1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canuckistani attacks Oasis singer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 9, 2008.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Gotta love a sick bro burn:

Liam Gallagher on ‘Black Star Dancing’, Paul Weller and his new music

Liam Gallagher has spoken to the new issue of Q about Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds new song ‘Black Star Dancing’, Paul Weller and his new music.

He said “Everyone knows I’m bitter and jealous but it’s a Eurovision song. It’s fucking Leo Sayer. It’s not even a good tune, let’s be honest. You can’t be making disco music when you look like a potato. You’ve got to be sexy for that”.

He added “He’s in his mid-50s. It’s like me doing opera music. I’d look stupid. I’m sure in his big daft head it sounds amazing, I know he’s trying to do something new, but it’s way off what he thinks it is. It’s embarrassing. It leaves the way open for me to come steaming in with a load of guitars, so crack on our kid”.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I don't know what he had to say about Weller now but he's bitched him out before, if that numpty fucker even dreams he's in Weller's league as a musician he better wake up and apologize.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Since Weller is my personal god, I removed the comment about him from the section I highlighted (even though it was pretty mild!)

Meanwhile, I'm not much of a fan of HFB (Noel ain't no Liam when it comes to singing, much like Johnny ain't no Morrisey) but this video is crackers:

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Depeche Mode did that kind of opening much tighter, better, and funnier.

(And the brothers are shit unless they perform together.)

Draft saved Draft deleted