1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

"More strongly than anyone has ever stronged before."

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Joe Q Dipshit from Keokuk, Iowa isn't probably on Twitter.

Did you mean Jane D. Progressive from a coffee shop in Falls Church, VA?

As far as expectations, I mean, I dunno. I'd expect presidents not to have extramarital affairs on the job, but progressives tend to be OK with that one, because sex.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If you don't think Joe Q. Dipshit is on Twitter, you don't read Twitter very often.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Maybe he is - most likely following Iowa football or Cubs/Cardinals baseball.

But I'm guessing you picked the place with a purpose. So I picked one, too.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't really give a shit if the president has extramarital affairs on the job, except when he's the champion of a party of priggish hypocrites who spend massive amounts of time lecturing on sexual morality, and pass laws trying to enforce it.

For that reason I like tossing off snotty little gay-shaming innuendos toward Dumpf, Puntz and all the rest of them, not that I think being gay is all that awful and shameful, but THEY do.

You can set a Facebook page on fire for hours with one simple little reference to the God Emperor learning to suck cock in the bathroom stalls of Studio 54.

Or, for that matter, to the 100+ abortions Fuckboy has ordered over his lifetime, as a matter of mathematical near-certainty.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What does it matter where the person is from?

Should POTUS be held to the same standard as any regular person off the street, be they from the Upper West Side or Bumfuck, Kentucky?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Iowa for better or worse is one of the most politically aware, organized and active states in the country, which goes for both parties, largely due to the Iowa caucuses. It's highly likely there are dozens if not hundreds of Keokuk residents wh0 follow political Twitter intently.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In fairness, Keokuk is the equivalent of Iowa's bootheel and might as well be Missouri. Hard to take Keokuk as a snapshot of Iowa as a whole. Might as well take Rector, Arkansas and make it a snapshot of Southern Illinois.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Standard of what? I mentioned the affairs.

Are we talking about, what, the standard of polish and intelligence and good manners? We have an entire congress full of those folks. Fat lot they get done.

Mitt Romney’d crap gold on Twitter. Well, it wouldn’t even be him; it’d be his handlers. Would you prefer him?

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You heard it here first:

At some point in the coming weeks, Trump will rather opaquely raise the issue of the moon landing being fake. He'll be doing this, of course, in order to limit Putin's embarrassment at this high point in American history.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If the CFL is still using fields with yards instead of meters, we can have Quarter Pounders ...

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.