1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Good point.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I actually think the Richie Richs have been put down early in their life because they weren't the studs in school (either financially or socially) then they hit it big financially and awkwardly start trying to assert themselves in the social settings and we get this.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Where does Drake's clown act fit into any of this?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Drake is a nouveau riche if ever there was one. Also, highly annoying super fans have been a part of sports forever. Think of Fireman Ed. Drake just takes that act to a higher and much more irritation level, because after all, the man is an artist. An owner losing their shit is also hardly a new phenomenon, but shoving a player is new and cosmically stupid behavior.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Jalen Rose on analytics.

Jalen Rose Has a Problem with Basketball Analytics

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That’s pretty significant.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I e always loved watching Livingston play.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I think you should lose your right to vote in public elections if you spend nine dollars to see Crawl in the movie theater.

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Whatever the score ends up in this game, I still laugh that @JC thinks Curry is a better overall player than Leonard.

11. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

However, he thinks Curry is underrated. So it makes sense.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm worried about the Warriors. Not just this game - but if Durant leaves. Sure injuries etc. But this is a game that absolutely have to have.
    PS - Thought the group that did O Canada crushed it. Ne-yo was pretty cool too.

Draft saved Draft deleted