1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 2, 2018.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Didn't see the game, but, NHL officiating strikes again?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The ironies of all ironies if the Bruins were to lose a cup because of suspect officiating.

Jacobs will have that taken care of by game 6

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

NHL officiating is going to be shit in the playoffs, it's always shit in the playoffs, they go out of their way not to make obvious calls.

Play through it and move on.

ChrisLong likes this.
  4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They change the rules. And the house broadcasting team calls it playoff hockey.

It’s a farce..

ChrisLong likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just caught highlights on the WWL. Good lawd, how do you miss that?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It was a bad miss. But bad no-calls have been the norm throughout this postseason, so why not have one at a critical moment in the biggest game of the Final?

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Absolutely. If anything holds back the progress of the game it's this stupid shit. The refs are going to ignore tripping, high sticking, roughing...basically every fucking call they will make during the season and then have a bunch of old clowns defend their sudden ineptitude by calling it "playoff hockey". It's total garbage, it does the sport a disservice. But that's the way hockey people want it.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Maybe the CBC guys are often that way, but Simpson was pretty miffed at the one last night. Went back over it a few times to say WTF.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, it was a borderline slew foot. I don't think it was intentional, Acciari's leg sort of came up in a weird way on the contact. But it sure as hell was a trip. Even Bozak thought it was a trip.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Watched the game with a cousin and his son who are big St. Louis fans. After the first replay, cousin turned to me and asked, "What do you think?" I told him if I'm that one referee (who had a clear view), I'm raising my right arm.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

That was the most incredible part of it to me. He was in great position and looking right at it and still no call. Remarkable.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I'm a lifelong Blues fan, so I don't hate that it happened, but holy shit that was 100 percent a penalty.

I think the interesting part is how Cassidy handled the aftermath, vs. how Berube handled the aftermath of the hand-pass goal in OT against the Sharks in the last round. Berube didn't talk about it, told the players not to say a word about it, and they channeled that into winning the next 3 games.

Cassidy bitched and moaned in the postgame about it. I guess we'll see how the Bruins come out in Game 6. I still expect the series to go back to Boston.

Draft saved Draft deleted