1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

did they take the mensa certificate please tell me they didn't take the mensa certificate

swingline, Batman and HanSenSE like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I posted that just above, but it's worth repeating just to properly highlight the idiocy of Bell.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sorry. Didn’t see it

It’s not his idiocy that needs highlighting, it’s patently obvious in statements. It’s the persistency false sports media narrative that he’s somehow a smart and clever businessman and astute student of professional sports.
    It’s odd that certain athletes are imbued by commentators as being exceptional smart or business savants. You’d think there’d be an equal number of morons and fools. That side of the story is rarely told

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Why not? It’s worked for at least one other person.

JC likes this.
  7. outofplace

Have there really been any members of the media telling a narrative of Bell being intelligent? I guess some have said he handled last season well. Maybe I missed a lot of it because I started trying to tune out the Bell stories after a while.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Six years, $154.7 million for Carson Wentz

I'm guessing it makes sense despite his injuries. A starting QB costs what he costs. And even if he fails to live up to it, they can draft a rookie and not worry about paying the market rate on two qbs until the contract is up again.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

what are you talking about? Wentz was on his way to being MVP before he was hurt.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And now he's had a second major injury on top of it. Lots of guys have looked great before getting hurt and never fully recovered.
    You can write off one injury as a fluke thing. A second is much tougher to do that with, even if they were unrelated. It also makes you wonder how effective he'll be going forward.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you going with injury prone?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In the 1950s, a few NFL teams played CFL teams in exhibitions. They’d play half the game with NFL rules and the other half with CFL rules.

Draft saved Draft deleted