1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hank Haney suspended from Sirius XM radio show

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, May 31, 2019.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He really doesn’t get it.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

At any rate, I love golf still, and, outside of Tiger, it's lost a lot of cachet in America. Costs too much to play, takes too long to watch, and exactly one guy - Tiger - could pull off the stoic thing that Koepka fails to make work for his personality.

And I freely admit I don't know much about women's golf. Haney should. It's his job. I don't.

I can tell you who's good in college softball though. That's a hell of a show.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. playthrough

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Jonah_Hill_Stop.gif

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

On Brennan’s column: Suggesting that any golf course that allows Haney to play a round - set foot even - there is sending some message to women about their unimportance is a stretch.

I’m not sure what is accomplished by that sentence. And I’m not sure why an editor can’t delete it.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This reminds me a bit of when Hank Williams went “heel” re: his comments/stance on Obama... got pulled off MNF intro, hit up Fox News a bit. His career died down and he laid low, a few years later he’s back doing the MNF intro.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Typical Brennan overreaction line.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, but unless she has her own posting capabilities, that’s a line you edit out.

11. playthrough

Other sports talk channels should take a look at Haney for sure. But on a channel called "PGA Tour Radio," I'd say he definitely cooked himself after calling out Tiger (though as Alma said, he wasn't wrong).

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sure, but you're assuming there are still copy editors in the mix.

Draft saved Draft deleted