1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Running Tennis thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 10, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hyper competitive? They all are. Billy Jean. Chris Everett, Martina, Seles,... none of them threaten on court physical violence against officials. Serena is a bully, and her violent and humiliating outbursts are the worst of any champion female athlete in pro sports history. She fakes or exaggerates injuries and illnesses to avoid responsibility for losses. She pulls out more than a team of teenage boys on prom night. She’s courageous when winning and a spoil-sport when losing. She’s rarely gracious and often mean spirited and patronizing about her competition.

She can be whatever she wants, and she should be judged accordingly. She’s done nothing to make herself beyond reproach.

And big fucking deal she had a baby and eventually went back to work. As do 130,000,000 women every Year. Almost every single one of those women do it without 99.9999999% of her resources. And they do it out of necessity.

She’s a great champion. And a shitty person to the public

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Why bring any of this up?

She’s been a great player with a great serve, great drive, and a fantastic will to win. Isn’t that enough?

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

LoL. Very similar to other professions, you racist twat.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The success of Serena and Venus Williams is absolutely one of the great stories in American sports.

The fact that discussions of Serena are typically centered around "Did you see what that bitch is wearing?" is pretty embarrassing.

Tweener and JC like this.
  5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

but she threatened a linesperson.

6. PCLoadLetter

She did. I'm clutching my pearls as we speak.

JC likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If she was a whitey she'd be scrappy.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

Fiery. Hard-working. A real spark plug!

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I still can't get over how amazing this post is.

10. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

LOL, sometimes I like to tweak the liberal white poster here who had his lunch money stolen in Jr. High by the black guys.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

"But rooting for her because she’s black means you are rooting against others because they are not."

No. I have explained the concept of "race" repeatedly and variously on this board. But then the search function is not working, so I can't easily link.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Show us on the doll where black people hurt you.

Draft saved Draft deleted