1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 Running Tennis thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 10, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

who designed this? Bea Arthur?

[​IMG]

2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Serena Williams has the biggests, roundest breasts that are orders of magnitude more than any other female athlete in the history of sports. Same for her buttocks and thighs. Yet she looks like a man because she is a tennis player with muscular arms and shoulders? She actually has the gumption, if not always the good judgement, to call out her haters in real time. Surprise, us black folk admire that.

Martina Navratilova always looked like a man to me.

But Hey A....haters, hate on.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Or people can hate on bullies, hubris and lack of empathy. There’s no doubting her greatness as a player and her weakness as a human being. Her assaultive, demeaning, humiliating behavior. Her general failure to extend grace to her opponents who beat her. Her excuses and feigned injuries to rationalize that she was beat. As someone who has spent the overwhelming majority of her life in riches and comfort beyond the comprehension of her fans, both earned and deserved, she is a terrible example of someone who has battled racism.

But rooting for her because she’s black means you are rooting against others because they are not.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"I swear to God I'll fucking take this ball and shove it down your fucking throat."

No size or roundness of breasts or buttocks will get me to root for someone who says that.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why isn’t Venus a role model. More of a trailblazer. African Americans are as homophobic as a TV evangelical congressman

6. BTExpress

Venus actually lost a Wimbledon match when the umpire got THE SCORE WRONG . . . and handled it with grace.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

;)

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

She can't complain about racism because she is rich.

She can't be hyper competitive and express anger on the court.

She's not appropriately humble.

In other words stay in your place and be grateful we let you play.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Them titties though :rolleyes:

10. BTExpress

She can be anything she wants. And, as happens with other poor sports and bad losers in the sports world, many will judge her harshly for it.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I have no doubt your were a McEnroe and Connors fan.

Just the facts ma am likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted