1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Deadwood, the Movie. Closure.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

p15313473_v_v8_af.jpg

Anyone seen this? Pretty good flick.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Very good. I thought the view from screens would've been cheesy, but they added to the suspense.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I saw Booksmart the other day.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yes agreed

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Rocketman tonight

7. Severian

What did you think?

I hope it lives up to the hype.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It was cute.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Rocketman was entertaining. A little more of an old school musical than I anticipated which put me off balance for most of the movie. Edgerton was believable. IMHO I enjoyed the musical reminders but really enjoyed EJ's relationships with Bernie Taupin and his first love, his manager. Very interesting and well done. If there was less musical (I know kind of odd given the story) and more story-telling, I personally would have enjoyed more. Still worthwhile to me.

10. Severian

Thanks for the review. It sounds good. I enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody. I think I'll enjoy Rocketman, too.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Going to see "Echo in the Canyon" this afternoon. Not sure what to expect. I started reading one review, but the writer was one of those guys who hates everything and thinks he's smarter than everybody else. I stopped reading it. I decided to read nothing else about it beforehand.

ADD:
    Very much enjoyed this documentary. I had a bit of a connection with several facets of it.
    I didn't live in Hollywood, but did go there on occasion. It was 20 minutes away.
    Ran into David Crosby at the IN-N-OUT next to LAX a few years ago. He, wife and kid were in shorts and flop. Limo driver was in a black tuxedo.
    My wife sat next to Michelle Phillips on a flight to Maui a few years ago. Yes, she was in the back of the plane with us and said they wanted too many points for this flight. She was delightful. It is odd to see her, should I saw chunky, when she certainly wasn't seven or eight years ago.
    Jackson Browne lives in my hometown now. His kids went to my high school and he would do a free concert on occasion to raise money after the school board would slash funding for the arts.
    Ringo and Barbara were patients at the dental office where my wife worked. She met him once. Some kid was leaving with his mom and was a little groggy after some sort of procedure. Ringo said, "I'll have what he's having."
    It is always neat for me to have rockers talking about other rockers that they respect. This was full of it.
    I had grown to really enjoy Tom Petty over the past few years and am glad they got him for this movie before he died. I listened to his show on Sirius XM back then. He certainly was a rock historian.
    Not sure how I feel about Jakob Dylan. He seemed a little full of himself, but the result was really good. A nice way to spend a couple of hours.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Highwaymen on Netflix - better than most Netflix movies thanks to Harrelson and Costner - should have been deeper though.

Draft saved Draft deleted