1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Netflix movies make me realize why there are "suits" that oversee production. Sometimes the tension between art and commerce is the key to success - but you do need tension. I don't think Netflix tests movies before releasing them - if they did they would probably release better movies.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

Late to the party on A Quiet Place - but damn that was a great movie - terrifying just thinking about it. So well done.

I Should Coco and bigpern23 like this.
  4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It was fucking horrendous. Don't watch it. Obviously, I'm not exactly the target demographic, either, but it was easily the worst performance of Tina Fey's career. She was godawful, what little she was in it.

5. DanOregon

Did anybody ASK for another Godzilla movie? I'm sure they play well internationally, but compared to The Avengers it all seems so small.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Hangover (can’t remember how many overall). Still hilarious. Galifinakis had the best lines. But they all had great lines.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

FTFY

lakefront likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I re-watched that the other day. Hilarious.

"Paging Dr. Faggot!"

Haha. Of course some people think such lines are inappropriate. But it's the fact it's inappropriate that makes it so damn funny.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He didn't have "in the face."

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Hey you, in the leopard-skin top, you've got a great rack.

11. DanOregon

Was watching the Fosse/Verdon show on FX (which was very good) and was reminded about Rockwell in Moon. If you haven't seen Moon - you should.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gone Girl. Still very good.

Draft saved Draft deleted