1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Then there's this, when the star of a show is pissed that it's renewed because she wants to do another project

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...at-got-renewed-her-apology-made-things-worse/

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Whoever does makeup for Chernobyl deserves an emmy for last night's work. Truly horrifying in how they show the advancement of the severe radiation burns the initial firefighters faced.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Anybody watching the live All in the Family and Jeffersons? I just learned about it last night.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jesus. I told Mrs. Spartan if I'm ever in that state to just give me a bullet.

On the lighter side, those miners were just so perfect. They have zero fucks, but had a sense of duty which made everything they did that much funnier and badass.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Their fathers were eating Hitler’s bullets by the millions. There is another mindset over there than we have here.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I DVR'd it and watched it after work. It was kind of fascinating seeing how the humor played in this day and age (they followed the original scripts to the letter) and seeing how different actors handled the role. Ultimately, though, it just seemed like an extended Saturday Night Live skit to me, and not necessarily because Will Ferrell was involved. I'll give it an A for effort, though.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when TV routinely did "event" type stuff like this - specials, reunions etc. Next up should be Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley.

Crazy to think Jamie Foxx is almost 20 years older than Sherman Hemsley was when he first played George Jefferson. Woody Harrelson is 10 years older than Carrol O'Connor was when All in the Family started. Marisa Tomei? Seven years older than Jean Stapleton.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

My biggest surprise as far as "The Jeffersons" actors go was when I found out that Isabel Sanford, who played Louise, was 20 years older than Hemsley. I never would have guessed when I saw them on the show.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

2 episodes to go and holy crap is Season 3 of Broadchurch fantastic.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just watched the season finale of Killing Eve. First, what a great follow up to last season. They did so good of building off what happened in the first, but really letting the second season be its own thing.

That said, I wonder if the season finales for as long as this show runs are going to follow similar scripts as the last scenes of Seasons 1 and 2 did.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

We just finished the first season plus the first episode of season 2. Love it.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jeff Ross's Historical Roasts on Netflix. Oh My. Nice to know what political humor might have been like before political humor was a thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted