1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Richmond? Best bargains? How times have changed. It gets called out as being outlandishly expensive now. You wonder where all the money goes, then you walk around campus and it makes sense.

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I had a chance to go to Harvard to play football, never was really sure how my grades would get me in to Harvard, but I think tuition and room and board was around $10,000-12,000 per year and I thought that was insane.

CD Boogie likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Thanks, board dad. I didn't read the discussion. Sorry.

JC likes this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

They had a huge endowment when I was there. Some pharma family company from the city. Like billions of dollars. It's a beautiful campus and all. But back then they had the men and women housed on opposite sides of the lake and it felt like a prep school with a sister school across the way. Plus half the people were from fucking New Jersey, so...

Big Circus likes this.
  5. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

For the umpteenth time. Eliminating illegal immigration is trivially easy. No wall needed. Simply start penalizing employers who hire them. We know where they work because the illegals use invalid Social Security numbers. There are real penalties for not paying FICA tax so the employers pay the tax to the IRS using these fake numbers. The Social Security Administration then tries to match the info reported to the SSN. The result is the number is invalid or belongs to someone else.

Obviously this would not get rid of the guys in the Home Depot parking lot who work for cash, but that's got to be a small single digit percentage of working illegal aliens.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not so. It's rated as one of the top values in American private education. Nobody pays anywhere near full sticker price. And yes, campus is unbelievable.

UR named one of Kiplinger's top 20 best values for 2018

25 Best Value Universities

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Shocking shocking.

Fake videos purporting to show Pelosi drunk or drug-addled spreading across right wing screech media.

Fully legitimate videos of Fuckboy babbling like a demented baboon also available.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When the federal government guarantees the loans, costs skyrocket.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What utter bullshit. Im sure they've read Matthew too, but they seem to ignore Christs's message in that Gospel. They don't read Revelation and its doubtful they could understand it even if they did read it. A couple of snake oil salesmen lie about what revelation says in order to keep their mansions full of concubines. Trump-evangelicals-conservate-republicans look for rationalizations for their pre-existing bigotry and hatreds based other fear of others. And that fear is based on their collective failure to live the American dream of advancement. Their stagnation in lower- middle America while they watch blacks, Asians and hispanics achieve anything, hurts them to their alcohol infused core. The rich republicans just look for keeping and making money. Their self interest includes the delusion that the sewage trump generates won't spill over to them. It will, just slower at first.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're just full of shit. Seriously, your new ambition is not bringing out the best in you.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not, but education is not the same as employment or transportation. Education is part of a level playing field. It's just another step from providing free public education through 12th grade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.