1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oh for fuck's sake

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Trump Walks Out on Pelosi and Schumer After 3 Minutes

President Trump abruptly blew up a scheduled meeting with Democratic congressional leaders on Wednesday, lashing out at Speaker Nancy Pelosi for accusing him of a cover-up and declaring that he could not work with them until they stopped investigating him.

He then marched out into the Rose Garden, where reporters had been gathered, and delivered a statement bristling with anger as he demanded that Democrats “get these phony investigations over with.” He said they could not legislate and investigate at the same time. “We’re going to go down one track at a time,” he said. ...

“Instead of walking in happily into a meeting, I walk in to look at people that have just said that I was doing a cover-up,” Mr. Trump said. “I don’t do cover-ups.”

“I walked into the room and I told Senator Schumer, Speaker Pelosi: ‘I want to do infrastructure. I want to do it more than you want to do it. I’d be really good at that, that’s what I do. But you know what? You can’t do it under these circumstances. So get these phony investigations over with,’” he said.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

even Trump knows the problem isn't Trump it's the criticism of Trump

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If he's got nothing to hide, release the report. Release the taxes. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Also: Benghazi. Fuck you.

Looking at this event on CNN, feels like Pelosi is ready to take the gloves off.

garrow and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

face of the party or nah

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That there's absolute, no-doubt evidence of collusion. If there had been, the report would have been written as such.

You can touchdown spike it all you want. If Trump was definitely, no-doubt guilty, he'd be impeached already. The hesitation alone should tell you.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Awww poor behbeh

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Scott Adams, that you?

9. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Not that anyone really cares - including a large portion of the United Kingdom - but it looks like British Prime Minister Theresa May is finally on her way out.

Here's the lead that's going to be repeated in some variation ad nauseam: "LONDON -- For Britain, the end of May came earlier than expected this year."

Slacker likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There you go making another statement that isn't true. The issue with impeachment is political, not factual. There is plenty of justification of impeachment, but with Republicans still controlling the Senate, politics will it from leading to a conviction.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Anyone really believe the walkout/Rose Garden "newser" was spontaneous? Nope, all orchestrated by Trump, much like Pence walking out of the Niners-Colts game.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.