1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2019 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 28, 2019.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's a salary cap/FAAB league. I overpaid for Keuchel on draft night, winning him with a bid of $14, which is now his salary. It's a midrange price for a decent starter. I only have $3 in cap room, so if I dropped him and won him back at $1, it would clear an addition $13 under the cap, giving me some flexibility in the trade market.

I'd rather have a good starter than a good hitter, but I'm getting nothing out of Keuchel and he's tying up cap space.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good move then.

3. bigpern23

Got offered Judge and Robbie Ray for Verlander in my keeper league tonight. Judge would be a 22nd rounder next year as a keeper. I tried to get deGrom or Corbin out of him, but don’t think he’ll budge.

4. bigpern23

Also got an offer of Harper for Verlander straight up.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

OPS or average?

6. bigpern23

OBP

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'd consider that then. Harper's starting to heat up.

8. outofplace

I'd consider Harper, but not the other one. I'm just not a fan of trading for guys with current injury issues.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I would take the Judge one.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

In my sabre-friendly league, I went looking for pitching (I have Taillon and Glasnow injured and a deep enough lineup that every day I'm sitting people I want to start) and someone countered offering me Cruz for Archer, which I think is good value - his injury seems minor- but really not what I need.

11. bigpern23

I agreed to it and when the guy sent over the proposal, he changed it to Judge/Mikolas/Ray for Verlander/Acuna. I swiftly rejected it. I hate it when you agree to someone's proposal and then they try to get more out of you. Like, I just gave you what you asked for, MFer. Don't change it up now.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. outofplace

Agreed. I'd hesitate to deal with that person at all in the future. It's a pretty shitty approach to negotiating.

Draft saved Draft deleted