1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

1. The Russians executed a coordinated intelligence operation to help steer the election towards Donald Trump, and wanted to help him do it.

2. The Trump campaign was - at times - eager to accept help from Russian intelligence operatives.

3. The Trump campaign lied and did its best to obscure Trump Inc. relationships in Russia, and campaign officials meetings with Russian operatives.

4. The President tried to use his Executive branch powers to stop the investigation into Items 1, 2 and 3.

Which of those things "aren't quite true"?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My mom revealed last night that she voted for Trump because she hated Hillary Clinton. And would do it all over again. I pointed out how incompetent and outright criminal Trump is and has been, but she didn’t care. Still better than Clinton, she said.

She grew up in a dyed in the wool Democratic household, and it might be the first time she ever voted GOP in the presidential election. She’s the kind of voter the Democrats have to re-recruit for their candidate to have a chance against the franchise arsonists of the GOP.

I told her if she votes for Trump in 2020, I’m shooting her in the head.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The problem isn't Trump.

It's the criticism of Trump.

lakefront and garrow like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Trump and his lackeys haven been obstructing justice SINCE the Mueller Report release by commanding former employees to not comply with lawful subpoenas or refusing to release documents that have been legally requested.

6. Trump is guilty of a whole host of offenses Mueller never investigated (emoluments, abuse of power via insane pardons).

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving 2020 is going to be... interesting.

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’ve been saying for two and a half years that 2016 had more to do with hating her than liking him.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My dad was kind of the same way, although there is not a molecule of hate anywhere in his body.

Only GOP candidate he ever voted for before Trump was Reagan in 1984. And he's been voting since 1948. Have no idea how he feels about Biden.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Weren't the Trumps and Clintons likethis for a number of years? There were stories about attending each other's family events and the disclosure that Ivanka and Chelsea were besties before all of this.

FWIW, I voted for Clinton on a "lesser of two evils" basis. Still, was not a fan then, like her even less now.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Trump is not the problem.

Clinton is the problem.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.