1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that will make you sh!t your pants

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 20, 2019.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Greenage.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I've said it before.
    I'll say it again.

Still the funniest piece of recorded sports audio I've ever heard.

ChrisLong and bigpern23 like this.
  3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Oklahoma standard.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

"Eat my pork rinds and take a little nap."

Beautiful.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Wow. I've seen what I thought were green skies before, but that sky is glowing. If that photo isn't shopped, that's some War of the Worlds shit.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Chesterfield, Missouri … correct?

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I spent the first 25 years of my life right in the heart of tornado country in southcentral Kansas, and never saw one. I feel both lucky and cheated. We'd definitely always go stand on the porch and look when they were supposed around, though we never had anything actually touch down particularly close.

A tornado wiped out my hometown in 1917, and my mom rode out a famous one that took a big bite out of Topeka in 1966, hiding under the ping pong table in her basement when she was 13.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Looks like everyone in the southern plains dodged a bullet this time in terms of tornadoes. Just a lot of storms chewing up cornfields and little damage, although the flooding in Oklahoma looks bad.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

About 25 years ago, we had one tear through our south-central PA community early one Sunday evening.

I was taking a nap in the basement and slept through it. When I woke up, I looked out the back window and the siding had been torn off the back of all the townhouses on the adjacent street. We were untouched.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've done my share of both hurricanes and tornadoes, and twisters are far more frightening. With a hurricane, if you are not on the flood plain, in general you can prepare and ride it out. Tornadoes can come out of nowhere and rip everything they touch to pieces. Alabama gets a lot of them. When I lived in Houston I had an F1 pass right over our apartment. We could hear it, it was on radar, but it was airborne over us. Touched down three blocks on the other side of us, and scared the living shit out of me.

The only time I've seen green in the weather was green lightning during thundersnow as the Blizzard of 1993 hit Birmingham. We got 18" of snow overnight, in March, in freaking Alabama. That was some severely funky weather. Never thought that I would see a legit blizzard here, but there were drifts two feet deep the next morning.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good friend of mines grandmother passed away in the Greensburg one.
    Have a cousin and her family that was living in Greensburg at the time. Not a scratch on them, but their house was destroyed.
    If you drive through Greensburg today, it's shocking the difference between old Greensburg and new Greensburg.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted