1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First great white shark tracked in Long Island Sound

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, May 20, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Great white shark tracked off coast of CT

I work in Greenwich, which is where it was tracked, and I've lived in Connecticut most of my adult life. I vacationed many summers in Montauk, where it's common for great whites to be spotted. This hits a little too close to home. I live a half block from Long Island Sound and spend quite a bit of time in its waters. Biggest concern till now was getting stung by a jelly fish.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

On it:

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Local mayor doesn't see a problem.

[​IMG]

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I follow a couple of shark tagging groups. They tag and name individual sharks, then make them an account and put them up on twitter. It's kinda fun to see where they go. No shark I currently follow is up in your neighborhood, though.

lakefront likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The shark with the black route really gets around. It's like a bunch of food vacations for that one.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I follow OCEARCH on social media and enjoy keeping track of the sharks' movements. A couple of great whites have recently pinged off North Carolina.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

lakefront, Fred siegle and CD Boogie like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Given the major presence of sharks off Cape Cod every late summer, it was only a matter of time before one wandered into the sound. There's so much more food for them off the Cape with all those yummy seals I can't imagine many will set up shop off Connecticut.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted