1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This game has been rough.

The Bucks have gone 10-1 thought the postseason, though, and they're really good defensively.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Leonard. Wow.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

James won that title in ‘16 because Kyrie was unguardable in the final three games.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yep, he had nothing to do with it.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Was that when he went 6-24 in game 7?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What's your point? Both teams sucked from the floor. Kobe had a game-high 23 points. He also had 15 rebounds.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ridiculous. Have you ever been on skates?

There’s is something to be said for knowing how to fight, an nhl enforcer knows how to throw punches.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

My point is it’s ridiculous to call that a clutch game. 6 for fucking 24. Not clutch.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Who called it a clutch game?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I know that playoff basketball is pressure packed and high stakes but that Toronto bench, well everyone not named Kawhi looks scared to take a late game shot. Siakam doesn't want it, I don't know what happened to the 2015-2016 Gasol, Van Fleet doesn't want it (did you see his last shot in the game??), don't give it to Green, he doesn't know what to do with it. As for the Bucks, Brogdon knows what to do, but while that last reverse on Kawhi! was awesome, he's physically limited. The Bucks are tremendous at moving the ball on the perimeter and have troublesome length on D but I'm hoping the Ws can play cohesive team ball and combat that length with ball movement and skill. Oh yeah, and that unbelievable engine called playoff Draymond Green.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Agree with pretty much all of that. Kawhi had a bad shooting night in game seven against the Sixers but still ended up taking 39 shots because no one else was willing to shoot the ball.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

No way Milwaukee was going to easily get out of Game 3 with a win. They got the full Sacramento Game Six treatment at the end last night.

NBA can't have two sweeps, especially when Milwaukee, Toronto and Portland are 3 of the 4 markets.

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted