1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 9)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They left a bad taste in my mouth after their manager spied on Derby earlier this year.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if that ever happened in the NFL?

typefitter likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Jager never lies. EVER.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Allegri out at Juve. In 5 years, he won Serie A 5 times, Coppa Italia 4 times and was twice the runner up in the Champions League (along with 2 QFs).

5. Regan MacNeil

I really hope those cheating motherfuckers are punished by the FA and UEFA. But I'm sure they've paid off all the right people.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thankfully I was out on the golf course working and not drinking while watching that miserable showing today. I didn't expect a win, but good god, I didn't expect 6-0 either. Big picture, a good year (best PL finish ever, FA Cup final), but the end of the year smarts a bit. Hoping for some help in the summer transfer window ...

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That FA Cup Final was fucking horrible. Footy is in for a reckoning.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The reckoning happens when the money stops flowing. Until then, laissez les bon temps rouler.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Pochettino openly disdains the League Cup and FA Cup. Pfem League and Champions League is all he cares about. I'll bet that if you asked Guardiola if he'd let Liverpool take the league title if he could have the Champions final he'd make the deal before you finished the sentence. That's just the way it is. Every one of the big Western European leagues the national federation cup is like an afterthought for the top teams. Sure they want to win it if they're in it, but it's not nearly a top priority when the season starts.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In his last two games for Real Madrid, Bale doesn't make the 18 and then is an unused substitute. Out with a whimper.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Regan MacNeil

Villa going up. Yawn.

Draft saved Draft deleted