1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think, based on 30 years of watching and reading NBA draft previews, that NBA scouts have about the same winning percentage as those vegas scamdicappers.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Someone suggested Williamson was so disappointed with New Orleans that he was thinking of going back to school. Then He remembered he withdrew from classes the day after the NCAA tourney. Retaking all those exams to be eligible to play for Duke for free or make $9 million next year?

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That story was pure bullshit from the jump.

John B. Foster likes this.
  4. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Lol. Anyone believing it is pretty damn dumb.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Haaaa. The thing is, I always think the draft is kind of like the yearly PECOTA projections. You don't always know how a player is going to pan out, but I think there can be a general consensus on players going too high or too low that's more correct than not. (I'm thinking the Thabeet, Diop, Anthony Bennett kind of picks.) Some guys will end up way better for reasons that are hard to project (Curry 'learning' to put less stress on his ankles, Giannis being the one-in-100 athletic freak that actually develops to his full potential), while other guys will fail with a similar profile (Bruno Calabro, eternally 3 years away from being 3 years away).

9. heyabbott

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Damian Lillard has been absolutely atrocious.

Hard to find a team with less heart than the Blazers in this series.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

For all the praise Green will be getting today, if he doesn’t kick people a few years ago, Golden State might be on their way to their fifth-straight title. No one outside of Russell’s Celtics have won five in a row.

This could have been arguably the second-greatest NBA dynasty.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Then again, that collapse lead to the call to Durant.

Draft saved Draft deleted