1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

WRONG^^

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Was joking ^^^

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Grey Worm is not favored to go first? If you plan to kill Dany, he's the guy you need to bump off first. He's not going to be the King's Guard who stood around while Jaime took out the king the first time.

EDIT: This was changed because I misread the title that said the FIRST to die. I thought it was the odds to die at all.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

In the first episode, when Ned chops that deserter's head off, isn't Jon there when Ned says (paraphrasing) that the buck stops with him, which is why he wielded the sword instead of some underling? If someone's gonna kill Dany, it has to be Snow to take the show full-cycle.

Neutral Corner, bigpern23 and JRoyal like this.
  5. Driftwood

Oh, I know. I that was my attempt at a joke back.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I said as much to my wife and her brother on Monday. They routinely break from the expected result on this show, but it seems almost unfathomable that anyone besides Jon would kill her. There would be no reason to film the look of realization on his face as she begins torching King's Landing if he isn't going to be the one to kill her.

Also, it's about time he gets a big kill. They've shown him prepare to bring down his sword in a big moment several times only to have other events intervene - the Battle of the Bastards when he prepared to face down the entire Bolton army and the Knights of the Vale arrived, the battle north of the wall against the White Walkers when BenJen showed up, the Battle of Winterfell when he prepared to slay the white dragon and Arya killed the Night King. It's about time he slays someone important.

7. Driftwood

After rewatching Sunday's entire episode, I have changed to agree that it will be Jon or Tyrion, not Arya. It will have to be someone who can get close to her, though.

Another thought from Sunday, so much for Jon's king in the north status. When the sack of the city started, he didn't do too good of a job restraining the northern army from joining in the rampage.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That would be the storytelling we've been conditioned to expect, which is exactly why it might not happen. You acknowledged as much about the storytelling yourself. They gave us every bit the look of horror on Tyrion's face, too.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Those situations weren't ones where he was about to "bring down his sword" and get a big kill. They were ones where he was about to die and got his ass saved. I think he's as likely as anyone to kill Dany, but I don't think any of those point to him missing a big moment, unless that moment was his own death.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

there's no way Dany can trust Jon, and since she can't have him, she will kill him. Jon, because Dany is his queen without regard to her insanity and legitimacy as a sovereign , will not raise a hand to her and will accept death. Assuming he can die again. Dany's eye color will change to green and Arya will notice it and killer her. As a Targareon, will Jon survive being burned to a crisp? He dies and comes back again. Thus he died without offending his oath, like he did on the Wall. Then he kills her

BTW, if the Lannisters all have green eyes, will Arya kill Tyrion?

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

What if Arya tries to kill Dany and gets stopped? When Dany goes to execute her, would Jon step in and save his sister? Which would he show more loyalty to, his family or his queen?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

How it all ends.

swingline likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted