1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 NFL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Adam Gase to be acting GM, per CBS

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Man, they work you hard if you want to be a fan.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

why do you think i am the way i am genetics alone cannot account for my life

Webster likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Can someone in New England’s division run a decent fucking franchise?

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Good thing they did it after the draft, perfect timing like usual.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

So anyone who is not a devout follower of Satan has to look to the Buffalo Bills to be the competent franchise that ends our two-decade nightmare.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. outofplace

After Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, report claims Adam Gase did not want to sign Le'Veon Bell

In case it wasn't bad enough to fire the GM and VP of Player Personnel at this point, now they have a report that one of the arguments between Maccagnan and Gase was that Gase didn't want Le'Veon Bell. It's not that he doesn't like Bell, but he didn't want to spend that much on any running back. Oops.

As the article points out, at least the coach and his new running back won't be interacting in person just yet because Bell is skipping voluntary workouts. It's not like he sat out an entire season and he's got to adjust to a new team with a new playbook. Oh, wait...

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Maybe Bell figures if he skips the voluntary workouts, Tase will also be gone by the time the mandatory ones roll around.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

They are getting very close. Miami and Jets just taking one step backward after the next.

12. outofplace

I'm certain Bell thinks he doesn't have to give a shit anymore because he got paid.

Draft saved Draft deleted