1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For all of the craziness about the lottery, there is only one overall no. 1 pick in the Conference Finals and he’s basically a bit player.

Tweener and heyabbott like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

One mock I saw had the Suns taking Jarrett Culver at No. 6, with the presumption that Booker is going to be primary ballhandler going forward. I wouldn't hate it. But Morant was the missing piece for that roster and there's no chance they get him now. Dammit. EDIT: Missing piece for that starting lineup, not the entire roster.

For all of the asshattery that Sarver brings to the table (and it's plenty), I've been a fan of this team for more than 30 years, and I'm not going to quit now. I sure know how to pick the owners ... Sarver, Snyder, Angelos. Leonsis is the only sane one of the bunch.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He’s different.

I don’t think he will ever be in the Jordan/James/Kobe/Wilt/Russell top two tiers of NBA stars, but could he be in the tiers of Barkley, Dr. J, Malone, Durant, Curry? Absolutely.

You know you are getting one of the top 15 current NBA players the first game he laces up his shoes.

I would have loved to see him in Atlanta or Dallas with better passers and people to open up the floor for him.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Can any team in the NBA put together a package for Davis that would make the Pelicans pull the trigger?

I was looking at the Lakers roster and I just don’t see enough there.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It’s been reported in multiple locations that the Pelicans absolutely will not consider sending AD to Lakers.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That leaves the Celtics, who probably do have enough to offer New Orleans, especially now, but who really can't move until Kyrie makes up his mind, which he never quite does.

7. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

So, why does RJ Barrett suck?

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Paul George, Kemba Walker, Khris Middleton, Nikola Jokic and Nikola Vucevic were all picked 7th or later. Damian Lillard was No. 6 overall.

This is only a two-person draft only among the mock draft dipshits who like to jerk off all over themselves this time of year. There could very well be a superstar who isn't named Zion Williamson or Ja Morant.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I think in the haze of last night's events, Barrett feels like getting five numbers in the Powerball drawing. $2M does not suck, but it's a huge letdown when you were so close to life-changing money.

His shooting might have people spooked, too, maybe due in part to what we just saw from Ben Simmons in the playoffs (although I think that's unfair and Simmons is a special case).

10. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I understand that. His shooting still needs a lot of work. He didn't shoot well from the free throw line, either. From what I gather, he has tremendous work ethic, and has the will to get better. In addition, I believe his game translates better in the NBA than the NCAA. Time will tell, though.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

With all due respect, nobody has any idea about a definitive top three.
    I'd be willing to bet anything that the 'definitive top 3' in this draft aren't the best 3 players in this draft two years from now.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I know it's old news but Jami Gertz represented the Hawks last night
    No sightings of Jason Patric or Kiefer Sutherland IMG_2123 (002).jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted