1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Green fouled Kanter about six different times and n that post up.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

This game is a mess.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How can Curry continue to get better year after year?

I'm talking about his mom.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And Portland finally scores its 50th point ... with seven minutes left in the third.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Could've been worse for the Knicks. In a draft with a pretty definitive top 3 they got in the top 3. 4th would've really sucked but 3 is something to work with. FWIW I think Memphis might throw a wrench in the draft because they've got Conley at PG for two more years. He's not going terminate that deal so it's $67M invested on that. I'm curious to see how they work this. If they can trade Conley's contract.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Somehow, the West got even more loaded.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you're the Pelicans, do you shop AD to the Knicks and Lakers for their picks?
    And if you're the Knicks or Lakers, do you listen?
    Could be a win-win for both sides. The Pelicans would get two top-four picks (and likely more) to rebuild around and offload Davis before his situation becomes a distraction again. The Lakers or Knicks get a second all-star to pair with LeBron or, presumably, Durant, and instantly become relevant again.
    The bad blood between the Pelicans and Lakers might be a stumbling block, but business is business, right?

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Knicks would do it. Too many good/great max contract free agents available to waste a draft pick on Davis. Why give up the third pick for Davis when they could potentially sign KD/Kyrie AND draft RJ Barrett?

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Because Davis is a top 5 player in the league and RJ Barrett sucks.

No way the Pelicans trade Davis for a #3 or #4 overall pick. Not a chance. Among other reasons, this draft is two players deep. People wildly overrate draft picks.

I suspect Davis is still a Pelican when this season starts. Unless (a) Griffin becomes 100% convinced that Davis won't resign, or (b) someone blows him away with an offer, he's going to want to have Davis and Zion on the court together and see if that can convince Davis to sign.

sgreenwell, Michael_ Gee and JC like this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ok with Durant and LBJ but Those guys didn’t have injury issues.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There has to be some veteran 3 and D guy who might take a veterans exemption to play with the Pelicans. Some thirty-ish third-option guy who would really thrive in New Orleans for a few years.

Draft saved Draft deleted