1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 8 (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Apr 8, 2019.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Jons not a Kingslayer. He doesnt have it in him.

Could be Briene, if she goes to Kings Landing with Sansa, and would be a great call back to Jaime educating her about competing loyalty. Also, shes was knighted “of the 7 kingdoms” not of the queen, which fits Varys’ “for the realm” theme.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

With the caveat that neither would have ever gone for it, House Targaryen had an amazing opportunity with Dany and Jon. Dany could have returned to Essos and ruled there, where she is mysha and beloved, while Jon could have ruled Westeros where he is beloved by at least 2-3 of the 7 Kingdoms and respected elsewhere. Between them they could have built the biggest dynasty their world had ever seen.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Assuming Varys was writing notes for ravens to deliver, do you suppose any were actually sent?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think he saw the destruction she wrought on an entire city and knows she must die. And I think he'll want to be the one who swings the sword and carries out the death sentence. He won't view it as "kingslaying," a la Jaime, he'll view it as justice, a la Ned Stark.

I think Brienne and Sansa's main part in this story is over. I think Brienne is Sansa's protector and Sansa is Lady of Winterfell. She's not coming South. Whatever we see of them in the finale will be wrap-up type scenes, mourning or celebrating. Their character arcs seem to me to have come to a close, much like Tormund (and Ghost).

5. bigpern23

I have little doubt.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

After Sunday, everyone was talking about the Jamie and Tyrion scene. I just went back and re-watched it. It was a nice scene and all, but I didn't Sunday and still don't get that it's all that.

7. bigpern23

I haven't rewatched it, but I really enjoyed it on Sunday. The love between the two brothers came across as really genuine. Tyrion's hope for an improbably happy ending to all the madness that was before him was nice to see from a character who began the series as such a cynic. He's without a doubt my favorite character and I thought both men acted that scene incredibly well. It's among the best-acted scenes of the series.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

There was nothing wrong with it.
    Think way back to Tyrion's trial. I think that was a much series of scenes between Tyrion and Tywin/Jamie/Shae.

Dinklage kills it either way.

9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'm going with Grey Worm in a showdown with Jon.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I’m thinking it’s time for another Lannister (Tyrion) to be king(queen)slayer of another Targaryen (Dany). Tyrion is killed quickly thereafter, and Jon ascends to the throne without blood on his hands, with (albeit tepid) support of the Unsullied, the Dothraki and Drogon.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Midget-hater ^^^

Draft saved Draft deleted