1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Feb 17, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

look at the splotches that the lightning makes on the ground

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I laughed until my sides hurt the first time I saw the lightning video.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I remember reading about it in one of those "Baseball Hall of Shame" books that came out in the '80s and '90s. In the entry, it mentioned how she was with her two young grandsons during that game and in a later interview, one of the now-grown grandsons mentioned how Ashburn and the Phillies felt so bad about it, that they brought in the lady and her grandsons to meet the players, spend some time on the field, and the boys got some swag. As the grandson said later, "This was very exciting for all of us, not realizing the seriousness of the incident that caused it, and one of us later asked 'Grandma, do you think you can take us to an Eagles game so you can get hit with a football?'"

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I had those Hall of Shame books too. Loved them. I remember that quote.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That guy should have bought a lottery ticket. What are the odds of getting struck by lightning twice within two minutes?

6. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

I feel so bad that I laughed at this

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I envision Lee Trevino walking past with a 1-iron and the guy saying, "FUCK YOU!"

swingline likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Not even god.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Brewers 2B prospect Keston Hiura gets the call today.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

For those that don't keep track of such things, I saw at least one list of prospects heading into the season that had him as the second-best hitter behind only Vlad Guerrero, Jr.

I'm still looking forward to the Astros calling up Yordan Alvarez. He was already a top prospect before the season started, but he's putting up video game numbers at AAA this season.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I saw similar praise for Hiura. Shaw has been an utter disaster, so Hiura will pretty much be an upgrade if he closes his eyes and swings away.

Draft saved Draft deleted